AUBURN, Ala. – In Tuscumbia, Alabama, the seventh annual Dickens Christmas will be on Dec. 8, 2017, in Historic Downtown Tuscumbia. The event will showcase retail shops throughout the town and provide fun entertainment for the entire family.
Dickens Christmas is an event that takes place in Historic Downtown Tuscumbia, Alabama. The holiday event provides guests with carriage rides, music, arts and crafts and food vendors. There will be various events and programs throughout the day. Local stores will be open for guests to shop and support the town’s economy. Dickens Christmas is a fun way to get the town in the Christmas spirit.
- Stores open at 9:00 a.m.
- The event is family friendly.
- Food will be available for purchase.
- Parking is available in secured lots.
- There will be many activities for entertainment:
- Carriage, train and trolley rides
- 5k run (Dickens Dash)
- Live entertainment
- Reading of "A Christmas Carol"
- Candlelight Town Singing
- Gingerbread cookie making classes
- Screening of "The Polar Express"
- “This is an event my family always looks forward to attending,” Susie Smith said. “We love that there is something for everyone to enjoy, and it always gets us in the Christmas spirit.”
- “As a small business owner myself, I love the idea of an event that highlights small businesses,” Megan Graham said. “It is so helpful when people shop local during the Christmas season and Dickens Christmas is such a great reminder. It gives people an easy way to pick up unique items.”
- “I love how this event brings the town together,” Reagan Lenz said. “It is like I’ve stepped back in time when I see a carriage riding around the town square. I get the opportunity to enjoy a simple Saturday before the craziness of the holidays kick in. It really is one of my favorite events of the year.”
Keywords: Christmas event, Dickens Christmas, Historic Downtown Tuscumbia
This example of writing demonstrates knowledge on how to pitch and format a social media release. A social media release contains a pitch, background, facts, quotes, links, contact information and graphics. This information can be used for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. This social media release is an example release for a potential social media post for Dickens Christmas event. Most of the elements of this release are fictional and were created for a school project.